As an Unreal Programmer, you will be responsible to program and develop robust systems that follow the technical and design requirements. You will have to work with existing systems, understand them well and be able to use them to improve the overall robustness of the game.
Frima is looking for different programmer profiles (juniors, intermediates and seniors). We invite you to submit your application, no matter what your level of experience is !
Frima, a proudly Quebec-based company, has been developing video games on various platforms in collaboration with the industry’s biggest players since 2003. Join a high-performance team of professionals whose ambition is to always excel with its partners and to offer productions of a quality worthy of the greatest game producers in the industry.
At Frima, we cultivate bold creativity! We are proud to have been named one of the best video game employers in Canada in 2021 by GamesIndustry.biz!
Frima is looking for different programmer profiles (juniors, intermediates and seniors). We invite you to submit your application, no matter what your level of experience is!
As an Unreal Programmer, you will be responsible to program and develop robust systems that follow the technical and design requirements. You will have to work with existing systems, understand them well and be able to use them to improve the overall robustness of the game. You will be responsible for documenting your developments as needed and helping to implement tools to make the team more efficient. You will be expected to participate in updating the game engine sources and the various third-party SDKs used in the game.
What will fill your days:
- Actively participate in the design and production of video games as part of a multidisciplinary production team;
- Develop games using a game engine and various complementary technologies;
- Prototype game mechanics using an iterative approach;
- Integrate elements such as 3D objects, animations, interfaces, visual effects and audio files;
- Participate in the update of the engine and the various SDKs used in the game;
- Participate in the creation of tools to make the team more efficient;
- Document the work done.
Your profile looks like this:
- University degree or college diploma in software development;
- Minimum of one year of experience in video game development;
- Minimum of one year of experience developing with Unreal Engine;
- Have participated in the complete development of a console and/or mobile game;
- Good knowledge of C++ and C#;
- Ability to do performance profiling at the CPU, GPU and memory levels;
- Comfortable with mathematics applied to game development (trigonometry, vector algebra, matrix calculation, etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of the video game industry;
- Experience in the development of a game requiring a client server infrastructure (an asset);
- Knowledge of some scripting languages such as Python, Batch, PowerShell, Shell (an asset);
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Objective-C and Swift (an asset).
These skills define you well:
- Proactivity, autonomy, resourcefulness, meticulousness and ability to work in a team;
- Diplomacy, patience, organization and thoroughness;
- Ability to question;
- Concern for work well done and respect for deadlines.
At Frima, we take care of our people:
- Work environment recognized by GamesIndustry.biz as one of the best places to work in Canada;
- All the flexibility of a hybrid work mode (work from home and in person);
- Flexible vacation policy with the possibility of having up to 7 weeks annually;
- Wide range of benefits (complete group insurance, telemedicine, flexible group savings, sick days, personal days, flexible schedule, employee and family assistance program)
- Mobility program (monthly RTC pass, parking allowance, Communauto subscription, indoor bike parking);
- Frima Health (allowance for the purchase of ergonomic equipment, chair massages, fresh fruit and snacks, on-site gym, sports activities);
- Unique atmosphere (beautiful work environment, access to a terrace, numerous social activities, lively and vibrant neighborhood).
*The masculine is used as a neutral gender. This position is open to all genders.*